Tyne and Wear Sustrans Cycle Map 34
A 2nd edition Sustrans map on stronger, more water-resistant paper
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in the Tyne and Wear and south Northumberland region, including Newcastle upon Tyne, Gateshead, Sunderland, Chester-le-street, Consett and Hexham.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 7 between Nenthead and Sunderland. This is part of the Sea to Sea (C2C) long-distance ride.
- National Route 70 – the final section of the Walney to Wear long-distance cycle route from Walney Island in Cumbria to Sunderland.
- National Route 68 between Alston and Alnham via Haltwhistle. This makes up part of the Pennine Cycleway long-distance cycle route.
- National Route 72 between Gilsland and Willington. This makes up part of theHadrian’s Cycleway.
- National Route 1 between Seaham and Alnmouth. This route is part of the North Sea Cycle Route. The Coast and Castles South long-distance rides starts in Newcastle and follows National Route 1.
- National Route 10 between Kielder Water and North Shields. This makes up part of the Reivers Route long-distance ride.
- National Route 14 between Durham and South Shields via Consett, Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead.
Tyne and Wear Cycle Map 34
Page Size: 99 x 155 mm
Published Date: updated and revised 2019
Binding: Sheet map (folded)