The Fens Sustrans cycle map 20
A 2nd edition Sustrans map on stronger, more water-resistant paper
The Fens cycle map – including the Norfolk Coast Cycleway, the Fenland Trail, The Fens Cycleway, Peterborough’s Green Wheel, and 5 individual day rides.
Directly across the North Sea from the low-lying lands of The Netherlands is a similar English landscape known as The Fens. This region of England was once fresh or salt-water wetland, drained many centuries ago for its fertile soil. Like the Netherlands, the area provides excellent terrain for cycling with some of the flattest, longest and straightest sections of road in Europe. This includes a superb section of National Cycle Network Route 1, the longest overall National Cycle Route, running from Ingoldisthorpe to Boston via King’s Lynn and Wisbech.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
- National Route 1 (North Sea Cycle Route) between King’s Lynn and Boston via Wisbech and Holbeach.
- National Route 11 between Ely and King’s Lynn via Downham Market.
- National Route 12 between Spalding and Hamerton via Peterborough.
- National Route 53 between Peterborough and Cotterstock
- National Route 63 between Oakham and Wisbech via Stamford, Peterborough and March.
- Regional Route 21 around Peterborough (Peterborough Green Wheel)
- Regional Routes 74 and 75 around Corby
The Fens Sustrans cycle map
- Publisher: Sustrans
- Date: 2018
- Scale: 1:110,000
- Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded
- Printed on water and tear-resistant Polyart recycleable paper, category 2 HDPE