Suffolk Sustrans cycle map 18
This is the Suffolk Sustrans cycle map including the Suffolk Coast Cycle Route, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe and 5 individual day rides, updated and revised in 2020 and printed on more durable paper than the original.
This is a pocket-sized colour map showing on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads.
The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 1 (North Sea Cycle Route) between Langham and Loddon via Ipswich, Halesworth and Beccles.
- Regional Route 30 between Brandon and Lowestoft via Thetford (and Theford Forest), Harleston and Beccles.
- National Route 13 between Bures and Thompson via Sudbury, Bury St Edmunds and Thetford.
- National Route 51 between Bury St Edmunds and Felixstowe via Ipswich.
- Suffolk Coastal Cycle Route, Regional Route
Suffolk is a largely low-lying arable county of blue skies and gentle gradients that form beautiful vistas and make for wonderful cycling country.
The county varies subtly from east to west changing from coastal Suffolk salt marshes, estuaries and mudflats to ancient woodlands, valleys and historic medieval settlements, to pine forest and open heathland.
Scale 1:110,000 – main map.
Revised edition, 2021