South Devon Cycle Map 2, Sustrans
A 2nd edition Sustrans map on stronger, more water-resistant paper
The South Devon Cycle Map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in South Devon and part of West Dorset, including Dartmoor, Plymouth, Exmouth, Torquay and Lyme Regis.
Now printed on water resistant paper.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
South Devon is a glorious mix of rolling hills dotted with small towns. The land south and east of Dartmoor National Park includes some beautiful seaside resorts and quiet river estuaries, as well as the busy city of Exeter, the county town, and the bohemian market town of Totnes. England’s only natural UNESCO world heritage site, the Jurassic Coast, runs east from Exmouth into Dorset and is famous for its fascinating geology and perfect fossils of early marine life.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- The Dartmoor Way. A 95 mile circular route around Dartmoor on a mix of on-raod and traffic-free signed National Cycle Routes.
- Devon Coast to Coast (National Route 27) between Plymouth and Okehampton including the Granite Way and the Drake’s Trail.
- Tour de Manche between Budleigh Salterton and Plymouth via Exeter and Okehampton.
- National Route 2 between Plymouth and Totnes and Dawlish to Axminster.
- National Route 279 between Okehampton and Exeter.
- National Route 327 between Egloskerry and North Brentor.
- National Route 28 from Yealmpton to Totnes via Salcombe.
Scale 1:110,000 – main map.
South Devon Cycle Map, Sustrans
Page Size: 99 x 155 mm
ISBN 10: 1900623234
ISBN 13: 9781900623230
Binding: Sheet map (folded)
For non-cycling maps and guide books for Devon, see our sister website: Devon in Books