Shropshire, Staffordshire, The Black Country Sustrans Cycle Map 22
Shropshire, Staffordshire & The Black Country Cycle Map 22 – including The Mercian Way, West Midlands Cycle Route, The Six Castles Cycleway, cycle routes in Birmingham and 4 individual day rides.
This is in the series of pocket sized, folded maps to the National Cycle Network which include clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours and detailed town insets. The series is published by CycleCity Guides in partnership with Sustrans. 1:110,000 scale; folded 155mm x 99mm; flat 792mm x 630mm.
Shropshire, Staffordshire & the Black Country Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Shropshire, Staffordshire & the Black Country area of the Midlands region of England, including Birmingham, Stafford, Shrewsbury and Telford.
Located on the England-Wales border, Shropshire has a long history of mining and industry, embodied by the stunning Ironbridge Gorge, now a World Heritage site. The south of the county has significant hill ranges, river valleys and woods. Staffordshire incorporates wild moorlands and the beautiful forest of Cannock Chase, and the important pottery centre of Stoke-on-Trent as well as the Black Country, the industrial area to the north-west of Birmingham.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 5 between Birmingham and Lichfield, and between Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent.
- National Route 55 between Stafford and Colaport via Newport and Telford.
- National Route 45 between Alveley and Bickley Moss via Bridgnorth, Ironbridge, Shawbury and Whitchurch.
- National Route 81 between Birmingham and the England Wales border via Wolverhampton, Telford and Shrewsbury.
- National Route 44 between Shrewsbury and Craven’s Arms via Bishops Castle.
- Regional Route 75 between Newport and Sound via Market Drayton and Audlem.
- Regional Route 31 between Oswestry and Welsh End via Gobowen and Ellesmere.
- Regional Route 70 – Southern part of Chesire Cycleway between Shocklach and Wybunbury.
Shropshire Staffordshire The Black Country Cycle Map
- Scale 1:110,000 – main map
- ISBN: 9781910845899
- Edition: 2021