Land’s End to John O’Groats Sustrans maps
These are the 15 Sustrans cycle maps that would lead you through England and Scotland from Land’s End to John O’Groats – or John O’Groats to Land’s End. There is no single official route, and so if you prefer a different combination of maps, let us know.
These maps would take you from Cornwall, through North Devon, Somerset and Gloucestershire, then up through Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire and Cheshire to Cumbria and the border. From Carlisle, these maps would take you on a western route through Scotland through Glencoe and Inverness.
The maps are pocket-sized, lightweight and show the National Cycle Network routes.
Three of the Sustrans maps are out of print (as of April 2021), and so are not included in this selection. Links to alternatives are shown below.
- Cornwall – out of print
- North Devon
- Somerset – out of print
- Severn & Thames
- Herefordshire, Worcestershire and North Gloucestershire
- Shropshire, Staffordshire and the Black Country – out of print
- Merseyside and Manchester
- South Cumbria
- North Cumbria and Dumfries
- Lanarkshire and the Scottish Borders
- Glasgow and Stirling
- Oban, Kintyre and the Trossachs
- Great Glen and Loch Ness
- John O’Groats and the North Scottish Coast
You can order each one separately, or just order what you need to add to the guide books’ advice, or order the whole lot together here.
If you intend to follow the route in the Cicerone End To End Cycle Route guide book, their route crosses into Wales, and so you would also need the Sustrans South East Wales map, which is not included in this selection. The Cicerone route also goes through South Devon rather than North Devon, so you can let us know if you prefer the South Devon map to the North Devon map.
If you prefer a more central route through Scotland, you would need the Perth map and the Cairngorms map instead of the Oban map and the Great Glen map. Again, let us know and we can switch them for you.
Alternatives for Out of Print maps:
- Cornwall Goldeneye map ( being reissued April / May 2021) pre-order here
- Somerset coast OS Landranger maps: Minehead; Weston-Super-Mare; Bristol
- National Byway Midlands map – Cirencester to Chester via Ledbury, Ludlow and Shrewsbury
Some of the many out-of-print Sustrans maps are due to be reissued in May/June 2021. Follow the Bike Ride Maps Facebook page for information when the dates have been announced.