Dorset Downs Sustrans cycle map
The Dorset Downs Sustrans cycle map
The Dorset Downs cycle map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in the area. It covers the Dorset Downs area of the South West region of England, including Wells, Warminster, Weymouth, Bournemouth and Poole.
The county of Dorset offers a wealth of wonderful sights, scenery and heritage. The Jurassic Coast, a Natural World Heritage Site, stretches from the Isle of Purbeck – a peninsula home to sandy beaches, sand dunes and heathland – into east Devon, and offers a ‘walk through time’ with rocks recording 185 million years of the Earth’s history. National Route 2 runs along the coast of the county and forms part of the Tour de Manche, an international cycle route through south west England and northern France.
The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 2 between Axminster and Bournemouth
- National Route 3 between Wells and Creech St Michael
- National Route 24 between Frome and Quidhampton
- National Route 25 between Bournemouth and Longleat House
- National Route 26 between Weymouth and Glastonbury
- National Route 33 between Huntspill and Seaton
Ideas for cycle routes: https://www.dorsetforyou.com/travel-dorset/cycle/routes
Scale 1:110,000 – main map.
Updated and revised 2019
Read more about the area in our Cycling in Dorset blog post