Dorset Downs Sustrans cycle map 5
A 2nd edition Sustrans map on stronger, more water-resistant paper
The Dorset Downs Sustrans cycle map 5
The Dorset Downs Sustrans cycle map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in Dorset, including Wells, Warminster, Weymouth, Bournemouth and Poole.
The county of Dorset offers a wealth of wonderful sights, scenery and heritage. The Jurassic Coast, a Natural World Heritage Site, stretches from the Isle of Purbeck – a peninsula home to sandy beaches, sand dunes and heathland – into east Devon, and offers a ‘walk through time’ with rocks recording 185 million years of the Earth’s history.
National Route 2 runs along the coast of the county and forms part of the Tour de Manche, an international cycle route through south west England and northern France.
The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 2 between Axminster and Bournemouth
- National Route 3 between Wells and Creech St Michael
- National Route 24 between Frome and Quidhampton
- National Route 25 between Bournemouth and Longleat House
- National Route 26 between Weymouth and Glastonbury
- National Route 33 between Huntspill and Seaton
Ideas for cycle routes: https://www.dorsetforyou.com/travel-dorset/cycle/routes
Scale 1:110,000 – main map.
Updated and revised 2019
Read more about the area in our Cycling in Dorset blog post