Cycling website links
Bike Ride Maps Social Media
Cycle touring advice sites
- Cycletourer: brilliant website with all sorts of advice, plus blogs on tours around Europe
- Bicycletraveller web magazine: an international magazine about bicycle touring
- TravellingTwo: a couple, now a family with advice from touring the world, and fabulous photos
- Touringblog: A journal of new information received at CTC
- Loadedtouringbikes: A tribute to the bicycle and its ability to take us far away…
- CTC: Cycle Touring Club route and information sheets
- Freewheeling France: cycling in France website
- Warmshowers: a free worldwide hospitality exchange for touring cyclists
- Crazyguyonabike: touring blogs
- Trentobike: bicycle tour reports, mainly for road bikes, but also mountain bikes
Devon guide books and maps
- For non-cycling guide books and maps, plus novels and other books set in Devon, see our sister website, Devon in Books, https://devoninbooks.co.uk/ .
Cornwall guide books and maps
- For non-cycling guide books and maps, plus novels and other books set in Cornwall, see our sister website, Cornwall in Books, https://cornwallinbooks.co.uk/.
Dorset guide books and maps
- For non-cycling guide books and maps, plus novels and other books set in Dorset, see our sister website, Dorset in Books, https://dorsetinbooks.co.uk/
Cycling in the Lake District
- Cumbria Cycling website, with links to bike shops, bike hire, where to stay etc
- Lake District Grand Tour, website focussing on the book of the same name
- Motherby House Guest House, near Penrith
Cycling in London
- Independent bike shop in East London: Big Fun Bikes
- TUI Holiday Checklist: what to remember to take when travelling overseas – not cycling specific, but a good reminder of documents, medicines etc!
Taking your bike on a train
- Touring Blog info on public transport
- The Man in Seat 61
- Transpennine Express allows online booking of bikes!
- National Rail Enquiries: cycling and cyclists
Cycling Publishers and Authors
- Velovision: The practical bike magazine