Where to get out on your bike? You can use the Sustrans pocket-sized maps that cover the National Cycle Network routes across nearly all the UK.
The traffic-free routes are clearly shown in green, the quiet roads and lanes in purple.
The maps also have insets of the main town and city centres, plus suggested day rides.
You can find them here, www.bikeridemaps.co.uk/, searching by area for the best maps for you.
#Sustrans #cycle #maps
For cycle touring in Norway, there are really good sets of maps available, such as the coastal North Sea Cycle Route from Oslo round to Bergen.
Then there is the extraordinary 82Km of the Rallarvegen (video here on the Visit Norway website - tinyurl.com/v7lp9v2), part of a much longer Bergen to Oslo route through the mountains.
Map sets are available here:
Planning a cycle route in Scotland? This is a link to The Bike Ride Maps shop with cycle maps and guide books from Sustrans, Cicerone, OS, National Byway and Excellent Books.
Includes the Scottish C2C, Cycling in the Hebrides, Cycling in Northern Scotland and all the pocket-sized Sustrans maps.
New blog post on the Bike Ride Maps website: "Green Cycle Holidays and Short Breaks from London".
Cycle to Brighton, Bristol, Norwich, or maybe even to Berwick-upon-Tweed under your own steam.
How much time to you have? Edinburgh?
All with direct train routes back.
What about Paris?!?! Either the Avenue Verte via Newhaven or the Dover - Calais route. Maybe out one way, back the other.
Check out www.bikeridemaps.co.uk/green-cycle-holidays-and-short-breaks-from-london/ for ideas.
Some of the Sustrans cycle maps that have been out of print are now back in stock:
* London - www.bikeridemaps.co.uk/shop/london-sustrans-cycle-map/
* Thames Valley - www.bikeridemaps.co.uk/shop/thames-valley-sustrans-cycle-map/
* Lincolnshire and Wolds - www.bikeridemaps.co.uk/shop/lincolnshire-and-wolds-sustrans-cycle-map/
* Essex and the Thames Estuary - www.bikeridemaps.co.uk/shop/essex-and-the-thames-estuary-sustrans-cycle-map/
And there are some great cycling guide books for these areas as well. So plan your cycling here:
#Sustrans #cycling #maps
If you are thinking about a cycling holiday in Brittany this year (and why not...), there are some really good guide books available:
- Red Dog Books specialise in books about Brittany and have three cycling guide books: Brittany's Green Ways, V4 and the Nantes-Brest Canal.
- Excellent Books publish the (excellent) Cycling Northern France with a number of routes in Brittany. It's a heavyweight guide book, where to stay and what to see, and full of detailed maps, using 1:200,000 Michelin mapping.
- Cicerone have just the one guide book that includes Brittany: Cycle Touring in France. It includes a ride around Finistere - the 'end of the world'!
- Then there is the IGN map of the greenways and cycle routes of the whole of France, including Brittany, and France en Velo, a cycle tour end to end in France, and starting in Brittany.
There is more information in the blog post 'Cycle Touring Routes in Brittany' - www.bikeridemaps.co.uk/cycle-touring-routes-in-brittany/
#cycling #cycletouring #Brittany
Planning a cycling holiday for 2020? Here are some ideas:
- Cycle the River Loire
- The Danube Cycleway
- Cycle tour of the western isles and the highlands of Scotland
- The Way of the Roses, from the Lancashire coast to the Yorkshire coast
- Cycle the iconic route to Santiago de Compostella
- Ride the west coast of Ireland
- Cycle the length of the Rhine...
What a choice!
#cycling #holidays #cycletouring
Information page on the C2C coast to coast cycle route, including maps and guide books available, plus route changes still in place after 2015 floods.
Latest blog post on the Bike Ride Maps website: 5 Reasons the C2C is So Popular
You can read more blog posts and more information on cycle routes in the UK and Europe as well.
#cycling #cycletouring #C2C
This is a Facebook demo page created by plugin automatically. Please do not delete to make the plugin work properly.